Friday, January 23, 2009

Gem And Yolk

Last week, I chatted with bitchy Yannic when I was working. This hiao po asked me to get a webcam asap and I told him I was broke. He's shocked when I told him this since it was just the middle of January. Well, I'm not really broke but since last few months, I've restricted myself not to spend much by saving part of my salary into bank. He was surprised that I did my saving. According to him, gays aren't doing saving for themselves but spending much for their appearance instead. I was stunned and I felt hilarious about it.

Well, I'm not born with the silver spoon in mouth. My family was considered poor (now has turned better). Since I were minor, I never expected anything and never asked for anything from my parents. Logically speaking, I dare not to ask and expect. So, allow me to say, my parents are very lucky and blessed to have a son like me who is very thoughtful and filial since the young age LOL. The best thing was, I didn't envy my peers who could have anything they wished and desired for. I still remember that I was so yearning to have a BMX bicycle (BMX was one of the grand and fancy brand of bicycle back in the day) which costs about RM 80 and you know, during that time RM 80 was quite a fortune for God's sake! I realized that I'm too poor for it and I didn't ask my parents to buy for me either. Back then, it was my "dream car" LOL!


Now, my family is still staying in a rented house. It is pathetic to say that my parents haven't owned a house till now. My father has been working for almost 35 years and still couldn't afford a house.
I ain't complaining or blaming but it's really bad for me. As the eldest son in family, it's kinda stressed that I maybe the one who is going to take over the responsibility and the step to buy a house. However, I haven't prepped for that and for sure I'm still not in that level to own a house since I've just started working for half a year.

My family is really different from others. My parents fight almost everyday because of money. Mom is a housewife but she's more a gambler. She gambles everyday and it's like a "job" to her. Hence, the money will never enough for her. The worst thing is she loses more than she wins and that's what makes she can't have enough money no matter how much my dad gives her. This scenario has been happened for several years. Mom has sort of mentally weakness after I was born (in Mandarin, it's called 产后忧郁症). Nonetheless, she will be more vulnerable when gambling because she can't endure the excitement and depression it brings. As what happened before, she had been admitted to hospital 2 times due to the gambling's over-excited! And before, mom had been admitted to hospital for almost 10 times due to this illness after gave birth to my siblings. Needless to say, it costs a fortune for my dad. I've seen mom's illness burst since I was small and I cried everytime she's sick. It was really scary and yet it's really sad to see mom sick. Till now, mom still needs to take medicine everyday to control her sickness and ease her sleep.

Gamblers are just like drug addicts and the addiction is really the scariest thing. They could hardly stop or quit! I hate gamblers (the ones that addict) beacause gambling can really shatter and collapse a family and even worst, broke! I think the money my mom lost would be enough to pay for a secondhand local car. If you ask me if I hate my mom, I would say yes. But she is still my mom, the one who gave birth to me and raised me up. She is a great mom when she doesn't gamble. Well, I'd like to think in different way-I should love mom more and put aside the hatred because I was born with a lengcai face LOL!

Nagging of a damn long story, the matter of fact is, I save for the rainy day. I bought insurance for my dad and it costs a lot since my dad is old. My dad doesn't even have any saving so I need to do it for myself and for my family in case of anything. I barely have any knowledges about investment therefore i think the best investment for the time being as the economy recession goes worse is to SAVE..LOL..

I have always thought that my family does affect me in my sexuality LOL. I'm too daunted and intimidated to get married and have a family that needs a huge responsibily. It becomes even worse when you have offpring as the responsibilty gets heavier. Perhaps, I'm just trying to find an excuse to make myself feel better LOL..and, perhaps I was born to be like this..G.A.Y..

21 comments:

  1. OKie , i am gonna be the first to put a comment here . I am so sad to hear your story. aiks . BUt nevertheless, it won't stop me from "ejek"-ing you! why did you call me bitchy yannic? :( . You promised me to cam , then should cam lah . ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our big family~~~
    Enjoy yourself and have fun yaa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Silverangel. You are a great son because you love your family so much. I think your parent feel proud of u.

    I understand your story because I went thought the same story. My father used to a gambler also, he won a lot of money but he lost a lot money too. Fortunately, my dad stopped this bad habbit.

    Wish you always be happy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. every family has their own problems, including rich families... so, take it easy lar ^_^

    hey Ron, no doubt yanny is bitch but it's more proper to describe him as soh hai LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a visitor to your blog, thank God you had the courage to be independent and hold the family together. Ya, saving is very important during this time, but you should not save on food. Eat healthy on every meal is very important. CNY is around the corner, cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blogspot. I'm glad that you have been able to focus on the positive aspects of your situation. Like all purifying gold in a furnace to remove the dross, you have grown into a wonderful person from your tribulations. (well, that's how i feel from your post, but then again, 1 post might not be enough to deduce that so I hope to read more about you soon ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Ron...
    I'm proud of you for having such wisdom to go through this hard times of yours.. not many can do that especially in this kind of situation.. Keep it up, things will get better..

    ReplyDelete
  8. irashaimasu to the blogging world~ saw your blog from yanne's blog..

    well as the chinese saying..."every house have their hard prayers" so you are actually very stern and strong to be able endure and survive till who you are now (a very leng chai WHO) so keep it up..

    the difference is now you are able to make an improvement in your family now so hope you are successful to that path...

    last say, happy blogging may you be well and happy always~

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah...u just think u r not the worsetest then u will feel better ba...at least i always do like this when i thinking y father condition lo...b happy always ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. jz passing by...it's true that we should save for our future...life is indeed hard without money...wish u all the best in life...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yanny, I call you bitchy Yannic as a tribute to u since u were the 1st person giving the comment here haha LOL

    Or as Willy said, more proper to describe u as soh hai so mayb I'll call u soh hai bitchy Yanny la =P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wau.. I asked you to start blogging at blogspot you really did that... so touch... hug...

    Bitchy korkor sure be the first to comment, just he know you start blogging here.. so has the priority..

    welcome to our family...Ron, you really a men, you are my idol... Muarks..

    Sukebee here..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Walao..Sukebee..sure I'm a man coz I dun hv pussy but cock LOL

    Start blogging becoz of u?haha..whatever makes you happy la hor..LOL =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi,,welcome! welcome!! sorry bout sukube, sometimes he dont know how to recognize.. harhar..

    and sorry to hear the sad story..
    yeah, there's so much responsibility, given u are the eldest child. just keep it up and be strong.. don't let trials and consequences affect you, instead be brave and let your will and dream prevail..


    all the best.. take care..

    yang'yang here :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you yang yang..all the best and tk care too =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. As much i love kids, i dun wanna get married and have a family too.lol. So troublesome:D Anw, stay strong always^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just passing by...
    What a touching story, you did go through such a harsh life. Proud of what you did, props for ya!
    Keep fighting!! Support u =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. my mum used to gamble alot too...
    and my dad even cheated on us and took everything and left all the (shit) behind for us...my mum was so depressed and alwiz drink til drunk-scold and abuse us...i did hate my mum too alot...but i noe its not her fault...its my dad i hate him even more...yes he's my dad but i wont forgive him til my last breath...
    at home me and my sis will cry everynite...
    father doesnt love us mum alwiz scold and abuse us...
    but luckily i have a good sister...my elder sis...everything is better now and so do my mum...
    sry sudd i feel so emo and recall back my bad memories...so drop you a long crap nonsense LoL...neway,trust me life will become beta (sin fu hou tim)take care XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well..life isn't easy though..I did think of moving out but somehow I chose to stay with my parents coz I don't want myself to regret one day though it's really a hard time seeing my parents fighting everyday..yes everyday!

    But life is short right? perhaps everything happens for a reason that makes us who we are and what we have today.

    Stay strong and keep pushin' on pal! Just treasure what we have and what's good in our life! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. poverty isn't always as romantic as it always were in movies and of cinderella stories. I myself have seen my friends enduring it throughout the days we known each other. While we are not well off, i came from a family that was as blissful as it was loving. Money comes second after love. That's the way things ought to be.

    Parents argueing and fighting is evitable, i guess. Once my chinese teacher told us an interesting sentence. "IF your parents did not ever fight, then really, they are angels" and nobody is an angel, LOL.

    So cheer up. Get on with life.

    Best of luck. I hope you can dissuade your mom some day from gambling. It affects a family both traumatically, economically and psycholigically, not to meantion exhausting.

    Post-partum depression isn't rare in mothers after giving birth. Its just how one deals with it and i am sure in your case, your mom relied on medical support^^ that should be okay..what with the anti depressants and all...

    And btw, nice to meet you. i commented too much already that i should have, lol. We dont even know each other.

    ReplyDelete
  21. just happen to drop by here out of no where. but ur story makes me think that i am very lucky and fortunate. ur story let me remembered my past too haha...

    press on, like the mountain in the wind


    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete